AccessAbility Services (AAS) will not automatically contact faculty members regarding accommodations. Each semester, students approved for accommodations must request electronic accommodation letters be sent to their faculty members through Accommodate. AAS recommends students request accommodation letters two to three weeks, before a semester starts.
Once accommodation letters are requested, the student is responsible for following the appropriate guidelines and procedures. Students who would like to request additional accommodations, should schedule a time to meet with the Director.
Students should follow the process below to request electronic accommodation letters. Once letters are sent to instructors, AccessAbility Services recommends the student set up a meeting to discuss their accommodations with each faculty member.
- Go to the Accommodate Portal (https://wcsu-accommodate.symplicity.com/students/)
- Enter your user name (i.e. morel001) and enter your email password
- At the top left of your screen select the “Accommodation” tab.
- From the drop down options, select “Semester Request”.
- Next, Click on “Request Accommodation” button.
- Select your first accommodation and click the appropriate semester. Your classes will then populate. Click on all applicable classes you may need the particular accommodation in. (To request more than one accommodation, click on the “Request Additional Accommodations” button).
- Once the Accessibility Accommodation Request is complete with each accommodation request reflected, click Submit.
Important Note: Accommodation letters are not automatically created each semester. You MUST request accommodation letters at the start of each semester. AAS recommends you request accommodation letters two to three weeks before the semester starts. If you change your course schedule, you are responsible for requesting accommodation letters for new classes through the same electronic process. Once accommodation letters are requested, you are responsible for following the established Guidelines and Procedures for your specific accommodations. The Guidelines and Procedures for AAS can be accessed online at: http://wcsu.edu/accessability/guidelines-and-procedures/