Winning WCSU Marketing Graduate Profile
currently Account Director at
Formerly Alycia was
Associate Director, Account Management
G2 Interactive a WPP Company and was assigned to Proctor & Gamble
During this time
Alycia was recognized by Proctor & Gamble for the following
Best Innovative Way
to Create an Audience, MyCOVERGIRL Engagement Program, NA in 2011
Best Brand Experience at Moment of Truth
- COVERGIRL.com Redesign, NA in 2011
earned Best Digital Campaign in North America 2009
idea earned runner up award for Best Idea Award in 2008
Bronze Award for
Best Engagement for Every Woman is a Queen in 2007
also has been
awarded for her following work on COVERGIRL:
Excellence in Beauty and Cosmetics
2008 W3 Award’s
Marketing Association Web Award for Outstanding Website
Communicator Award of Excellence in Beauty and Cosmetics
2008 Webby Award
Nominee in Beauty and Cosmetics,
2010 Beauty and
Grooming Best Digital Innovations Award – Mobile Innovations
Before Alycia joined
G2 Interactive, she worked for Fosina Marketing Group as Account Manager
at Kraft Foods, Inc. for Gevalia Coffee. Alycia has a Bachelor’s degree
in Interactive Marketing from Western Connecticut State
University. Alycia can be reached via email at
for more information about our students.
Students have the opportunity to meet
Edwin Roman, Director, Consumer
Insights, ESPN, Inc., during his
presentation on: Customer/Viewer
Insights on the ESPN Brand.
Students have participated in global
Faculty led trip
to China with our MKT 490 students and
the establishing of a joint research
center with SIAS University in China.
Students develop a marketing plan for theYutong Bus
Company with students from SIAS
What is Marketing?
Marketing is an exciting and diverse function of a business or
not-for-profit organization. Advertising, retailing, wholesaling,
personal selling, public relations, marketing research, product
development and product management are all components of Marketing.
Most of what consumers know about products is communicated to them
by an organization's Marketing department.
In 2007 the American Marketing Association defined marketing as:
"Marketing is the activity, set of
institutions, and processes for creating, communicating,
delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for
customers, clients, partners, and society at large. "
Marketing Activities Include:
- Identifying customer needs
- Designing goods and services that meet those needs
- Communicating information about those goods and services to
- Making the goods and services available at the times and
places that meet customers' needs
- Pricing goods and services to reflect costs, competition, and
customer's ability to buy
Providing the necessary service and follow-up to ensure customer
satisfaction after the purchase.
- Also see our "Careers
Source: J.P. Guiltinan and G.W. Paul, Marketing Management,
5th edition, (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994), pp.5-6.
Why Study Marketing at the Ancell School of Business?
- Students are our first and most important priority.
- Opportunity to join our award winning
collegiate chapter of the American Marketing Association.
- Our unique program in Interactive
Marketing that focuses on internet and digital marketing.
- Our faculty is dedicated to undergraduate teaching rather
than theoretical research.
- We are located near many major corporations such as IBM,
General Electric, Kraft Foods, Pepsico, etc., that provide many
opportunities for cooperative education experiences, internships
and course projects which may lead to employment after
- Unlike some larger schools, all of our courses are taught by
full-time professors, not graduate assistants. Our classes are
relatively small (usually fewer than 25 students) which allows
more interaction and personal help from instructors.
- Our department is closely linked to the business community
through our Advisory Board and national professional
- Our faculty have extensive business experience in addition to
the highest academic credentials.
- The atmosphere allows our students develop lasting
relationships with each other and the faculty.
- Our students are prepared for employment opportunities and
land good jobs at large and small companies.
- Our high quality educational program does not have a high
Ancell Marketing Students network with marketing
professionals. Above, Ms. Stacey Miller, Client
Manager, The Nielsen Company was a guest speaker in Dr.
Oumlil's Marketing Research class.