Once the home of Danbury's high school, White Hall was purchased by the university in 1964. Built in 1925, the building was named in honor of Alexander White, a Danbury native and the school’s original benefactor.
Today, White Hall serves as a multi-purpose academic building. The facility includes computer and non-computer classrooms, MFA art studios, and journalism, graphics, and nursing laboratories. White Hall also is home to the Office of the Dean of Professional Studies and Ives Concert Hall, a facility utilized by student and academic departments for recitals, lectures, ceremonies and various cultural events. In addition, the Jane Goodall Institute for Excellence in Environmental Studies is located in White Hall.
Ives Concert Hall Reservations