The goal of Counseling Services is to provide you with a safe, confidential, and supportive environment to discuss personal, interpersonal and academic concerns. College life while exciting and rewarding, can also be stressful at times. In the Counseling Center we offer help in coping with the difficulties and anxieties associated with everyday campus life, as well as, those that arise from unexpected circumstances.
The therapy process is about problem solving, expansion of awareness, coping skills and personal growth. The more you actively participate in your overall well-being and care, the better.
Students seek help for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Adjustment to College Life
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Anger Management and Irritability
- Depression and Suicidal Thoughts
- Grief and Loss
- Identity Issues
- Loneliness and Isolation
- Relationships with Family or Friends
- Sexual Assault
- Sleep Problems
- Stress and Time Management
- Weight or Body Image Concerns