- Who is the Dean to the Education Dept?
- Who can I contact if my advisor is not available?
- Can I meet with the chair of the department if my advisor is not available?
- Can I meet with another advisor?
- May I change my advisor?
- Who is my advisor?
- Who can give me my PIN number/sign my registration card?
- Can I have classes pending and still apply for professional semester?
- How many credits can I take before asking for an overload?
- Can I take other classes while doing PDS or student teaching?
- Do you have a special education program?
- Can I take a graduate class while being undergraduate?
- Can I take a class at another university?
- Can I take a class without being a student there?
- Do I have to apply as a non-matric in order to take a class?
- What GPA I need to continue in the Ed department?
- What GPA I need to be admitted to the professional semester?
- Who is the PDS coordinator?
- How do we apply for a student teaching placement?
Can I meet with the chair of the department if my advisor is not available?
If your advisor is not available due to a long sick leave, contact the dept secretary, Ms. Cangialosi, at 203 837 8510, Room 249 Westside.
Who is my advisor?
Your advisor is assigned to you when you are admitted as a first year student or when you first meet with the department chairperson as a transfer student. If you have forgotten your advisor's name, you may call the registrar at 203 837-9202 or look up your advisor in Banner.
Can I take a class at another university?
Yes. There is a permission form that you must complete from WestConn prior to taking the course. There is a limit to the number of credits that you can take from other universities.