M.B.A. Admission Requirements
Applicants to the M.B.A. program must submit the following materials:
- A completed application for graduate study.
- An official transcript from each college or university previously attended, including all
undergraduate and graduate courses, grades and degrees.
- An official copy of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) results. GMAT scores must be from no more than five years prior to the date of enrollment.Learn more about the GMAT test.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from employers or former professors.
- Optional – current resume or curriculum vita and a letter stating why the applicant desires to pursue an M.B.A.
Admission to the M.B.A. program is based on the information in the above items; no admission decision can be made until all of them are in the applicant’s file in the Office of Graduate Studies. Previous academic achievements, GMAT scores, recommendations, and work experience are important factors.
The M.B.A. degree will be conferred upon the matriculated M.B.A. graduate student who has:
- Completed 54 graduate credits (minus waived and transferred credits) with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 “B” or better.
- Completed the program within an eight-year period.
- Filed the application for the degree with the Office of Graduate Studies by:
December 1 for the May commencement
February 1 for an August conferral
October 1 for a January conferral
Waiver of Courses
The number of courses required for the M.B.A. degree may be reduced by waiver of some or all of the core/ prerequisite cluster courses (a maximum of 24 semester hours). These waivers are based on the applicant’s undergraduate business degree transcript, or completed business courses with satisfactory grades, or relevant graduate courses with satisfactory grades.
Transfer of Courses
Up to 12 semester hours of graduate credit may be transferred to the M.B.A. program for equivalent courses completed elsewhere. To be considered for transfer, the courses must have been completed with a grade of “B” or better in the six years prior to enrollment in WestConn’s M.B.A. program.
Substitution of Courses
Course substitutions may be allowed within the M.B.A. program to accommodate special considerations. Please see the M.B.A. coordinator.
Courses in Residence
A minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the M.B.A. program must be completed at WCSU.
For a complete list of prerequisites, corequisites and other restrictions for all courses, please consult the Course Description section of this catalog.