Guidelines, Forms, and Links
All grant applications and other requests for funding with Western Connecticut State University affiliated as an organizational applicant must be processed through the Office of Sponsored Research and Administrative Services for initial pre-approval as well as final authorization for submission. The following forms are required to initiate and submit grant requests to external funding sources.
- Intent to Apply*Please submit at least 30 days prior to proposal submission deadline
- Internal Administrative Approval Form *to be filled out, signed and submitted with completed proposal/grant application
The program planning model, or logic model, is a valuable tool for grant development. It facilitates effective program planning and implementation. Use of the Program Planning Model is highly recommended. Below is a link to a program planning model developed by Nonprofit Works and Evaluation Enterprise and provided with their permission.
CSU-AAUP Research Grants
As stipulated in Sections 9.10 and 12.10.1 of the document "Collective Bargaining Agreement between Connecticut State University, American Association of University Professors and Board of Trustees for Connecticut State University System, August 25, 2007 - August 25, 2011," funding is made available each year to provide grants of up to $5,000 to support research projects conducted by full-time CSU faculty members. Joint projects or collaborations are eligible for up to $5,000 per CSU faculty member. Eligible faculty members must submit an application for a grant in compliance with the above-referenced CBA and the application guidelines. The 2014-15 grant competition deadline has passed. The next competition deadline will be Friday, January 30th, 2015. The 2015-2016 grant guidelines and application will be posted in December of 2014.
- US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Human Research Protection (OHRP)
- Human Subjects Protections Training (NIH)
- IRB Guidebook (HHS OHRP)
- 45 CFR Part 46 Protection of Human Subjects, Rev. 11/13/01
- AVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia June 2007 (Formerly Report of the AVMA Panel on Euthanasia)
- IACUC PHS Policy on Humane Care & Use of Laboratory Animals
- NSF Guide for Proposal Writing