All medical records and information held by the Heath Service are strictly confidential. No one outside the staff at the Health Service may have access to your records or obtain information from them without your authorized consent.
Information regarding your visits to Health Service are kept confidential. The staff at Health Service will not discuss or release any information regarding your visits to any faculty, staff, family or friends without your authorized consent.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
The Patient Has A Right
- To be treated with respect and dignity and be provided with courteous and considerate care.
- To privacy
- To be informed about the diagnosis and treatment of the health problem in terms that can be understood
- To be provided with complete information regarding their diagnosis, treatment and prognosis
- To confidential treatment of disclosures and medical records and, except when required by law, to be able to approve or refuse their release
- To know who is responsible for providing treatment
- To have a second medical opinion before making any decisions, and to refuse treatment, and be informed of the risks of refusal
- To participate in decisions regarding health care except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons
- To be informed of the personal responsibilities involved in seeking treatment and maintaining health and well being
- To have access to information concerning health education, self care and prevention of illness
The Patient Has A Responsibility
- To inform the practitioner of any changes in their health status that could affect treatment
- To adhere to the prescribed treatment plan and discuss any desired change
- To ask questions and seek clarification regarding areas of concern
- To weigh the consequences of refusing to comply with instructions and recommendations
- To assist the practitioner in compiling a completed health record by authorizing Health Service to obtain necessary medical information from appropriate sources
- To keep appointments on time and cancel only when necessary