Early Return Requests
The Housing & Residence Life department allows early return for students with extraordinary circumstances, or those required to arrive to campus early.
Note: Some buildings may not be ready for the early return process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is impacted by these projects, s/he will not be approved for early return.
In order to facilitate a smooth move-in for all, students should plan their travel to arrive on their scheduled move-in date.
New and transfer students return for Fall 2016 on Friday, August 26th, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Returning students return on Sunday, August 28th, beginning at 10 am. Classes begin Monday, August 29th.
You may be eligible for permission to arrive early if you meet one of the following criteria:
- A newly admitted international student registered for welcome week/orientation
- Students registered for an early-starting academic program (must provide proof)
- A varsity athlete participating in a recognized sport or student activity (must be approved by the Athletic department)
- Have an exceptional travel distance of more than five hours drive from campus (local residents are not eligible for early return)
- Families who live more than five hours away and who have both freshman/transfer and upper class students living in WCSU residence halls
- Families with two or more college students at different universities moving in on the same day (must provide the other university's move-in letter)
- Students with disabilities (requests must be made through AccessAbilities office)
How do I request an Early Return?
All requests must be submitted via the Early Return Request form. This PDF will have an email "submit" button that will email this from your computer to our offices. It will then be forwarded to your building's resident director for review. (If you can't submit the form, please print it and fax it (203-837-8529) or bring it to our office in Newbury Hall.)
For Fall 2016, there are only 2 times available for Early Return/
Early Move-in. They are:
Monday, August 22nd from 6 pm - 8 pm or
Thursday, August 25th from 5 pm - 8 pm.
Click here for the Early Return Request Form.
Once your request has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email via your WCSU email account, advising you of the status of your request. If your request is approved, the email will provide you with your check-in procedures.
All requests must be received by 2 pm on Friday, August 19, 2016. Any request received after that deadline will not be considered. Requests may be denied based on the need of the University.
Please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Early Return process.