Early Return Requests
The deadline for early return requests for Spring 2018 is noon on Thursday, January 11th.
The Housing & Residence Life department allows early return for students with extraordinary circumstances, or those required to arrive to campus early.
Note: Some buildings may not be ready for the early return process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student's room/building is impacted by these projects, s/he will not be approved for early return.
In order to facilitate a smooth move-in for all, students should plan their travel to arrive on their scheduled move-in date.
All students, new and returning, can move in for the spring beginning at 10 am on Tuesday, January 16. Classes begin Wednesday, January 17.
You may be eligible for permission to arrive early if you meet one of the following criteria:
- A newly admitted international student registered for welcome week/orientation
- Students registered for an early-starting academic program (must provide proof)
- A varsity athlete participating in a recognized sport or student activity (must be approved by the Athletic department)
- Have an exceptional travel distance of more than five hours drive from campus (local residents are not eligible for early return)
- Families who live more than five hours away and who have both freshman/transfer and upper class students living in WCSU residence halls
- Families with two or more college students at different universities moving in on the same day (must provide the other university's move-in letter)
- Students with disabilities (requests must be made through AccessAbilities office)
How do I request an Early Return?
All requests must be submitted via the Early Arrival Request form. This is an MS Word document that you will need to save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will then be forwarded to your building's resident director for review. (If you can't submit the form, please print it and fax it (203-837-8529) or bring it to our office in Newbury Hall.)
For Spring 2018, there is only one time available for Early Arrival/
Early Move-in. It is:
Sunday, January 14th from 6 pm - 9 pm.
Once your request has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email via your WCSU email account, advising you of the status of your request. If your request is approved, the email will provide you with your check-in procedures.
All requests must be received by 12 pm (noon) on Thursday, January 11, 2018. Any request received after that deadline will not be considered. Requests may be denied based on the need of the University.
Please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Early Return process.