The Institute for Financial Literacy at Western Connecticut State University provides the following free financial education services to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Individual financial education sessions with a trained professional and/or a Student
- Group Seminars or presentations on a variety of money management issues.
- Access to an interactive and informational web site with a number of financial education resources.
- Access to publications that address personal financial issues.
At the Institute you can:
- Talk confidentially to trained individuals about your personal finances.
- Receive instruction on how to create an individualized budget and spending plan.
- Develop a plan for tuition payments.
- Construct a strategy on how to repay your debt after graduation.
- Gain access to external financial education resources.
There are some services the Institute does not offer:
- Investment advice.
- Interaction with creditors of any type.
- Selection of a specific financial institution.
- Guidance on choosing financial planning services.
- Referrals to public assistance programs.
- Retirement planning advice.