Study Abroad at Western
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain
WCSU recognizes that international education is a necessity, not a luxury. Our world continues to change and as a result, it is imperative that Western students have as many opportunities as possible to complement their studies in Connecticut with study abroad.
Study abroad is beneficial because it creates global awareness, enhances academic learning, develops leadership skills, advances career opportunities, and facilitates personal growth. And, for many, it is a terrific opportunity to learn another language.
- Short Courses Abroad - Spain and Italy
- ISEP (semester, year, or summer) - more than 300 locations in over 50 countries
- Next month, four ISEP students will be arriving to spend the fall semester at Western. They are from Australia, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Sweden.
- Ten WCSU ISEP students are getting ready to spend the spring semester studying at universities around the world. This year students are preparing to go to Austria, Australia, England, Germany, Italy (2), Netherlands, Northern Ireland ( 2), and South Korea.
- Twelve students are returning to WCSU after a semester abroad with ISEP in Belgium, England, Germany, Italy (3), Morocco, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Sweden and Thailand.
|WCSU student Lindsay Castner studied a year in Sydney, Australia with ISEP||WCSU student Amy Wheeler spent a semester in Italy with ISEP||WCSU student Alexandria Almeida spent a semester in The Netherlands with ISEP|