File Shares Support for Students
Information Technology & Innovation supports access to your Student File Share only from university-owned equipment on campus.
Although WestConn does not restrict you from accessing your individual Student File Share from the Internet, Information Technology & Innovation cannot support this due to the factors outside of our control (e.g. corporate firewalls and proxy servers as well ISP policies often prohibit this type of data access).
On-campus: Windows XP workstations:
- For Windows users, your file storage will be available on the H:\ drive;
- your individual storage location will be H:\username (e.g. H:\Smith001)
On-campus: Macintosh OS X computers:
Click on the Finder icon in the dock;
- click on the Finder icon in the dock;
- from the top Finder menu, choose Go:
- from the drop-down menu, choose "Connect to server";
- under Server address, enter the network path: smb://w-homer/xfer$/yourusername, click Connect.
- enter the domain of which your account exists (WCSU_USER or W-WCSU-LOCAL), then enter your username and password.
- a window will appear, showing your folder that contains your file share.
Off-campus: Windows & Mac computers:
You can also access your file share outside of our local network (e.g. off campus, in the residence halls). Visit http://www.wcsu.edu/remoteaccess/ for more information.