Windows Update for Windows 9x, ME, NT, and 2000
1. Visit the Microsoft Windows Update site or select "Windows Update" from the "Tools" menu in Internet Explorer. If you are asked to install a utility from Microsoft in order to continue, click "Yes". Once you have done all this, you will see the page below.
2. Click on "Scan for updates" to scan your computer for the required updates. You should see a similar page as the one below.
3. When the scan completes, a page displaying all the required updates should be shown, similar to the one below.
4. On the left hand side, click on each category and press the "Add" button to add in each required update. Repeat this for each of the categories on the left, then click the "Review and install updates" link. You should see a similar page as the one below.
5. Review all your selected updates and then click the "Install Now" button to install all the required updates.
6. Once the updates have finished, reboot your computer to complete the process.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ:
It is recommended that you perform the Windows Update process until there are no more updates to install-- this may take a few times and require one or more reboots of your computer.