WCSU announces ‘Absurdity Tour’ comedy festival
DANBURY, CONN. — The Western Connecticut State University Center for Student Involvement (CSI) will host the “Absurdity Tour” comedy festival on Homecoming night, Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016, in the Feldman Arena at the O’Neill Center on the university’s Westside campus, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury. The event, funded by the Student Government Association (SGA), will feature five comedians and a disc jockey. Doors will open at 8:30 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m.
Tickets are on sale at the Info Desk in the Midtown Student Center, 181 White St. in Danbury, and the Westside Campus Center, as well as online at www.wcsu.edu/tickets.
- DJ Bonics – Hip-hop DJ for Wiz Khalifa and part-time radio DJ at 96.1 Kiss FM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Wired 96.5 FM in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Damon Wayans Jr. - Actor, writer and stand-up comedian, most widely known for starring as Brad Williams in the ABC comedy series “Happy Endings” and as Coach in the Fox comedy series “New Girl.” He is the oldest son of actor-comedian Damon Wayans and nephew of Keenen Ivory Wayans, Shawn Wayans, Kim Wayans and Marlon Wayans.
- Chris D’Elia - Stand-up comedian, actor, presenter, writer and comedy singer. He is known for playing Alex Miller on the NBC sitcom “Whitney” and for the role of Danny Burton on the sitcom “Undateable,” also on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander - Actor and comedian, known for playing the role of writer Frank Rossitano on the NBC sitcom “30 Rock” and for his role as Toby Radloff in the film “American Splendor.”
- Ron Funches Comedian, actor and writer known for starring in the NBC series “Undateable” as Shelly. He has also appeared on” @midnight,” where he holds the record for most wins, and was a cast member and writer on “The Kroll Show.”
- Emma Willman - One of the top new comedians coming out of New York City, she has a variety of projects, including her own comedy show, “The Check Spot,” on SiriusXM.
Ticket prices are $10 for students, $22 for students’ guests (limit of two per student) and $32 for the general public
Western Connecticut State University offers outstanding faculty in a range of quality academic programs. Our diverse university community provides students an enriching and supportive environment that takes advantage of the unique cultural offerings of Western Connecticut and New York. Our vision: To be an affordable public university with the characteristics of New England’s best small private universities.