Tickets remain for ‘Absurdity Tour’ comedy festival at WCSU next weekend
DANBURY, CONN. — The Western Connecticut State University Center for Student Involvement (CSI) will host the “Absurdity Tour” comedy festival on Homecoming night, Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016, in Ives Concert Hall in White Hall on the university’s Midtown campus, 181 White St. in Danbury. The event, funded by the Student Government Association, will feature five comedians and a DJ. Doors will open at 8:30 p.m. and the show starts at 9 p.m.
Advance tickets are on sale at the Info Desks in the Midtown Student Center and Westside Campus Center, 43 Lake Ave. Extension in Danbury, as well as online at wcsu.edu/tickets.
Scheduled acts include:
- DJ Bonics – Hip-hop DJ for Wiz Khalifa and part-time radio DJ at 96.1 Kiss FM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Wired 96.5 FM in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Damon Wayans Jr. - Actor, writer and stand-up comedian, most widely known for starring as Brad Williams in the ABC comedy series “Happy Endings” and as Coach in the Fox comedy series “New Girl.” He is the oldest son of actor-comedian Damon Wayans and nephew of Keenen Ivory Wayans, Shawn Wayans, Kim Wayans and Marlon Wayans.
- Chris D’Elia - Stand-up comedian, actor, presenter, writer and comedy singer. He is known for playing Alex Miller on the NBC sitcom “Whitney” and for the role of Danny Burton on the sitcom “Undateable,” also on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander - Actor and comedian, known for playing the role of writer Frank Rossitano on the NBC sitcom “30 Rock” and for his role as Toby Radloff in the film “American Splendor.”
- Ron Funches Comedian, actor and writer known for starring in the NBC series “Undateable” as Shelly. He has also appeared on” @midnight,” where he holds the record for most wins, and was a cast member and writer on “The Kroll Show.”
- Emma Willman - One of the top new comedians coming out of New York City, she has a variety of projects happening, including her own comedy show, “The Check Spot,” on SiriusXM.
Advance ticket prices are $10 for WCSU students, $22 for WCSU student guests (two per student) and $32 for the general public.
If still available on Oct. 22, tickets at the door will be $32 for all guests.
Western Connecticut State University offers outstanding faculty in a range of quality academic programs. Our diverse university community provides students an enriching and supportive environment that takes advantage of the unique cultural offerings of Western Connecticut and New York. Our vision: To be an affordable public university with the characteristics of New England’s best small private universities.