Parking changes at WCSU Westside campus
In light of the construction of the Visual and Performing Arts Center on the Westside campus, changes are being made to the parking configurations on that campus. In order to accommodate all of our students, staff and faculty who frequent the Westside campus, the following parking plan will be implemented over the next month (see map):
• The Faculty/Staff Lot will be shut down and closed for the construction site and moved to the student lot at the Westside Classroom Building (WCB), effective Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011.
• The WCB lot will be controlled – immediately by patrol and eventually by an Access Control system. It will be available only for faculty, staff and visitor parking. No student parking will be allowed. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
• A new, temporary, commuter student lot has been constructed in the first practice field on Sand Road. There will be a shuttle stop at this location. Overflow from this lot will be allowed in the Centennial Hall garage during class day/evening hours. A sidewalk is being constructed along the eastern edge of the Access Road for your safety.
• All residents on the Westside campus will be directed to park in designated areas for their residences:
• Pinney Hall – Purple Zone parking only
• Grasso Hall – Green/Orange Zone parking only (Grasso residents may park in the Centennial garage when their lot is full)
• Centennial Hall – Orange Zone parking only
• All vehicles must be registered with the University Police Department’s Parking Office and have a valid Westside parking permit in order to obtain the special designation for their Parking Zone. New Zone parking stickers for Westside residents will be issued at the Parking Office beginning Nov. 14, 2011, in room WS247d of the WCB.
• Only resident vehicles will be allowed to park in their designated lots. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
• The parking spaces on University Boulevard beyond the Westside Campus Center will be utilized by the construction project and not available for general parking.
• Commuter students will be allowed to park in the new commuter lot and in the section of the O’Neill lot not fenced in by the construction site. Overflow parking will be allowed during class hours in the Centennial garage for commuter students.
• The Access Road will be open for street parking on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking will only be allowed on the west side of that roadway from the stadium to the intersection of Access Road and University Boulevard.
• The Faculty/Staff lot behind the O’Neill Center will remain a Faculty/Staff lot.
• During the construction project, these parking rules will be strictly enforced in order to provide adequate parking for all Westside personnel.
• It is anticipated that the above parking plan and restrictions will be in full force by Nov. 28, 2011, following the Thanksgiving break.
The Police Department requests your cooperation and support to make this parking plan work. We understand that this process will cause inconvenience but we will benefit from the new Visual and Performing Arts building and all that it will bring to our campus. As always, when traveling between campuses, you are encouraged to use the shuttle service. Thank you for your assistance in this long-awaited project.
C. G. McLaughlin Jr.
Chief of Police