All new students are encouraged to attend the two-day Orientation Session. The cost for the overnight stay is $40. Students will be able to check in at 6pm for an eventful evening of fun activities and games.
Click on WCSU Box Office to pay for your Overnight Orientation.
Before you stay overnight:
- It is extremely important that you have taken all of your placement exams if you need them (if you are not sure, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call 203-837-9000).
- Send in a check for $40 made out to WCSU to 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810, Attn: Student Affairs (make sure the student's name is on the check) or use our convenient on-line ticket purchase website at no additional cost.
The evening program (for all students):
- Arrive at Newbury Hall on the Midtown campus at 6 p.m.
- Get to know other students from within your school - students with whom you will likely be taking classes - during activities and group gatherings and meet Student Government Association representatives and other student leaders
- Get an inside scoop about "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of a degree" at Western from your upper-class Orientation leaders
- Enjoy pizza and refreshments around 8:30 p.m.
- Comedian and Magician Michael Kent at 9:30 p.m. in the Student Center Theater
- Have fun and win prizes playing Bingo at 10:30 p.m. in the Student Center Cafeteria
Items to bring for the overnight stay:
- A pillow and pillow case
- A sleeping bag, or sheets/blanket (linens are not provided)
- A towel
- Casual, comfortable clothes
- A jacket and/or umbrella (just in case)
We also would advise you to put a luggage tag on your bag to avoid mix-ups.
Questions? Call 203-837-9700