All victims have rights that include:
- Assistance in obtaining immediate medical care, if required.
- The right to request to be notified of court proceedings; including arrest, arraignment, and release of the offender.
- The right to be protected from harassment from an employer for appearing as a witness if you have received a subpoena.
- The right to have property returned to you if it was seized by police in the investigation or prosecution of the crime committed against you.
- The right to make an application for compensation for any bodily injuries you have suffered as a result of the crime.
- The right to request to be informed of services and agencies that can help you-including the assistance of a Victim Advocate.
To receive more information about these and other rights of crime victims and the services that are available to help you, call: