The MS in Addiction Studies will produce professionals who can:
- Apply the diagnostic criteria for Substance Use Disorders (SUD; DSM-5) and related psychological disorders across diverse populations.
- Develop and implement treatment plans and propose risk reduction interventions.
- Apply theoretical and evidence-based principles to lead effective individual, family and group counseling for SUDs.
- Employ and articulate the professional values and ethics specific to intervention and prevention in this field.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and conduct research on addiction services and psychopharmacological treatment.