WCSU RESNET CONNECTION POLICY
The following is a list of University rules and regulations that govern student connections to the campus computer network from within the Residence Halls. This list is not intended to be all-inclusive but rather give an outline of the rules and regulations. To see the full rules, regulations, and policies please refer to your student handbook.
- Deliberate attempts to degrade the performance of a computer system or network or to deprive authorized personnel of resources or access to WCSU networks is prohibited and may result in the termination of a users access/network connection. This includes but is not limited to the following; disk scavenging, hacking, password grabbing, creating or propagating viruses, and network sniffing or scanning.
- ALL COPYRIGHT LAWS MUST BE FOLLOWED. Written permission from the copyright holder is required to download or duplicate copyrighted material. This includes the downloading or duplication of audio files, video files, photographs, illustrations, computer software, and all other information for educational use or any other purpose.
- The student must agree to read and abide by all policies governing the use of campus computing facilities. A copy of the policies appears in the student handbook.
- WCSU reserves the rights to limit or revoke access to its networks when applicable university policies or guidelines, contractual obligations, or state and federal laws are violated.
- The student is responsible for all installation, configuration, and repairs to non-university owned computers and peripheral equipment, including software used to connect to the network.
- WCSU reserves the right, upon reasonable cause for suspicion, to access all aspects of its networks, including individual login sessions.
- The University will provide one cable per student (please keep your cable from semester to semester) capable of connecting their computer to the wall jack in the Residence Hall room. The University agrees to provide and maintain the connection to the network starting at the wall jack leading back to the university-owned network equipment.
- The student must not tamper with nor modify in any way, university-owned equipment or the wiring connection in the wall of the Residence Hall room. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in the disconnection of network services to the room, as well as any necessary disciplinary or legal action. The severity of the violation will determine the type of action that the University or the State will take against the violator.
I have read and agree to abide by the RESNET Connection Policy Rules and Regulations (see above). I understand that if I do not abide by the policy, the RESNET connection privileges for my room will be revoked.