Information Technology Strategic Plan 2008-2012
University Computing, at Western Connecticut State University, will provide an information technology environment that delivers a seamless learning atmosphere for students, faculty, and staff. The University will be a leader in using technology to enhance teaching and learning to meet the educational needs of a diversified student body, faculty, and staff. University Computing supports the University's mission of empowering students, assuring effective teaching, strengthening partnerships with people and institutions while supporting continuous improvement, and intellectual integrity.
University Computing has a vision to be the leader in technology and will attain this vision as a team working with University constituents. The continuing goals of University Computing are to meet the changing and expanding computing and communication needs of the University community.
“Delivering a World of Technology,” University Computing provides a myriad of computing and communication services to the University. Within these responsibilities are:
- Facilitating the seamless use of computers in instruction, learning and research.
- Educating and advising users on technology issues.
- Coordinating and managing communication systems.
- Providing advanced information services and systems.
- Identifying and addressing emerging issues and technologies.
- Supporting Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Meet the technology needs of students.
- Provide faculty with a seamless information technology environment for teaching, learning, and research.
- Support Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Keep abreast of emerging issues and technologies.
- Coordinate and manage communication systems.
- Educate and advise users on technology issues.
- Enable continuous improvement and intellectual integrity for the University community.
- Build and retain a strong University Computing team.