Before registering for a CLEP exam, be sure to
check with your admissions officer, academic advisor or test center
administrator to learn more about your institutionís CLEP Policy.
STEP 2 -
Decide Which Exam(s) to Take
Read the exam descriptions
of all 33 exams to find the right one
STEP 3 -
WCSU Testing Center
DECIDE ON A DATE: Register as soon as possible by submitting the registration form along with the administration fee. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. CLEP exams are
offered every 4 to 6 weeks throughout the year except for summer months.
You may register up to 3 exams on the same
test datedepending on space or session availability. You will receive a detailed confirmation letter with the date selected, time, location and other information via email prior to selected test date. All communication from the Testing Center is conveyed through email including confirmation letters.
Mail or drop off your completed registration form as soon as possible by submitting the
registration form along
with the required
fee to WCSU Testing Center.
Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. All
communication from the Testing Center is conveyed through email
including confirmation letters.
Western Connecticut State University
Westside Campus Center 300 - Testing Center
181 White Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Western Connecticut State University
Westside Campus Center 300
43.5 Lake Avenue Extension
Danbury, CT 06810
(Walk-ins please call 203-837-8415 to insure staff availability)
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
Students with documented disabilities, please contact AccessAbility Services (AAS) at 203-837-8225 (voice), 203-837-3235 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodation request and provide justification from your doctor three (3) weeks prior to the test date. Once approved, AAS will notify the Testing Center and provide the appropriate documentation.
MILITARY OR VETERAN PERSONNEL: DANTES or your GI bill funds the CLEP examination and registration fee. However if you miss your test date, you are responsible for the registration fee the next time you register with WCSU Testing Center.
The College Board (CLEP) requires for military personnel to create an account on-line. For more information, please visit: http://clep.collegeboard.org/military
Exams start promptly at 9:00am,
11:00am, and 1:00pm. Candidates are scheduled in the order their
registration form is received starting with the 9:00am session and
rolling over into the next available time. Candidates are required to
arrive at least 15 minutes prior to appointment time. You will not be
admitted after the testing session has begun. Late arrivers will need to
reregister and submit the non-refundable registration fee again so plan
FEES & TYPE OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED:
There are two separate
payments for each CLEP exam; an administration fee payable to WCSU and an exam fee payable to College Board on-line portal.
- The administration fee is to be submitted with the registration form payable by Money Order or walk-ins may pay in cash. Testing fees are subject to change without notice. Refer to chart below for fees.
- College Board requires for candidates to create an account on-line and pay the CLEP examination fee of $80 (subject to change) via their portal prior to the confirmed test date.
- Once you registered, selected an exam(s) and ma de your payment, you must print your CLEP registration voucher to present to the testing center at test day check-in; without this voucher you will NOT be allowed to take the exam.
STEP 4 - Prepare for your exam(s)
Prepare for your CLEP exam(s) by reviewing study materials available at College Board CLEP Test preparation and other study resources. We suggest to study from CLEP subject based books available at WCSU Bookstore, local bookstores or on-line. Not all subjects are available.
STEP 5 - Day of Examination
Exams are administered at Western Connecticut State University Westside Campus 43.5 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, CT in the Campus Center Computer Center on the third floor.
Click Here for Day of Examination Information
STEP 6 - Score Reports
College Level Exam Program (CLEP) does all the scoring and reporting of scores, the Testing Center is only responsible for administering the test.
You’ll receive your score report instantly after completing the exam — with the exception of the College Composition which takes three to four weeks to deliver. The official transcript will be mailed directly to the college, employer or certifying agency that the candidate indicated before initiating the exam. It is imperative that candidates know the score recipient name and address to prevent delay of their score report. It can take 3-4 weeks before your CLEP transcript appears on your WCSU transcript.
About your Score:
To learn about how CLEP exams are scored click here.
Retaking CLEP Examinations
You must wait at least three months before repeating a CLEP exam of the same title. Scores of exams repeated earlier than three months will not be accepted (and test fees will be forfeited).
Alternative Testing Date
In the event that the dates posted for CLEP exams is not convenient, you may schedule an alternative test date at an additional fee.
Test date(s) may be scheduled:
- Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- CLEP alternative dates available only during the summer session
- Upon availability of the proctor and by appointment only
- Additional fee applies. $50 per session; Payable in cash only
- For this service select option on registration form
Test Center Policies
The only materials allowed on the desktop while testing are scratch paper and a pencil in which will be provided by the test center. All scratch paper must be returned to the test administrator before leaving the room.
Exam rest breaks are not scheduled.
No talking permitted inside the testing room or while waiting to be registered.
Cell phone, pagers or other electronic equipment must be turned OFF or left in the car.
You are responsible for securing your belongings.
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- All types of Electronics –Cell phones, beepers, cameras etc.
- Any type of books or materials (scratch paper and pencil will be provided)
- Food, beverages or tobacco products
- Sunglasses, hats or hoodies (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Any other unauthorized items as noted by Center at check-in
- Backpacks, purses, etc.
Testing Center Usage Policies
- No cell phones or other electronic devices.
- No backpacks, purses, etc.
- No food or drink.
- You are responsible for securing your belongings. You may not leave them in the proctor room.
- Once you receive your test, you may not leave the Testing Center without submitting your test to the proctor. You may not leave the Testing Center and return to finish your test later.
- Violation of Testing Center policies will result in your immediate dismissal.
Engaging in misconduct may result in a failing grade and further disciplinary action, including but not limited to suspension of Testing Center privileges.
- Giving or receiving unauthorized assistance of any kind
- Using any aids (books, notes, calculators, computers, websites, etc.) that are not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Attempting to take an examination for someone else
- Failing to follow examination regulations or instructions of the staff
- Causing a disturbance of any kind
- Removing or attempting to remove questions and/or responses or notes (in any format) from the Testing Center
- Attempting to remove scratch paper from the Testing Center
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the examination
- Talking with other examinees during an examination