Miller Analogies Test
About Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is a high-level test of analytical ability that requires the solution of problems stated as analogies. The MAT consists of 120 partial analogies that allow you 60 minutes to complete. The test measures your ability to recognize relationships between ideas, your fluency in the English language, and your general knowledge of the humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, and social sciences.
MAT Testing at WCSU
WCSU Testing Center is an open testing center, that is, any candidate from WCSU or other institution, who is properly registered, may test here.
Generally, MAT exams are administered at WCSU one Saturday per month except for summer months. In the event that the dates posted is not convenient, you may schedule an Individualized Testing Session at an additional fee by appointment only and upon availability of the proctor.
Registrations forms are accepted (upon availability) until one week prior to the posted test dates. Once we receive your completed registration form with payment and it is approved, you will receive a detailed confirmation letter with the date selected, time and pertinent information prior to the selected test date. All communication from the Testing Center is conveyed through email including confirmation letters.
Many Graduate programs, including Western Connecticut State University’s (WCSU) Division of Graduate Studies, use the MAT as a way to determine eligibility for entrance into graduate programs.
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) Fee
The non-refundable or non-transferable MAT test fee must be submitted with the registration form. Testing fees are subject to change without notice.
Type of Payment
Money Order or Cash (Walk-in Only)
NO PERSONAL CHECKS
This fee is due with the registration form payable to WCSU.
MAT Examination Alternative Testing Date
In the event that the dates posted for MAT exams is not convenient, you may schedule an alternative test date at an additional fee.
Alternative Test date(s) may be scheduled:
- Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Upon availability of the proctor and by appointment only
- Call Testing Center at 203-837-8877 to discuss alternative dates
- Additional fee applies. $50 per session; payable in cash only
- For this service select option on registration form
- Mail completed form with payment (refer to steps above)
MAT Registration Form – Complete online, print, sign and submit with money order.
Interested in taking the MAT exam? Get Started
Important MAT registration procedures:
- Submit completed registration form with fees
- Register at least 2 weeks prior to posted dates
- Registrations accepted up to the Wednesday at noon prior to posted dates
- Dates are available on a first-come first-served basis
- Sessions start at 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Candidates are scheduled upon session availability
- Dates and fees are subject to change