Preliminary Listing of Speakers
Presenters and their titles
- Robert Hart. F.S.U. The diverse roots of our beloved meteorology and the arbitrary definition of hurricane landfall droughts (including the current one!)
- Louis Uccellini, Director of the National Weather Service.
- Anthony Praino, I.B.M. An integrated modeling and observing system for the study of ecology of Lake George in the Jefferson Project.
- Megan Martin, Climate Central.
- Quincy Vagell, Freelance Storm chaser. Storm Chasing: The Dangers and Excitement.
- Jeffrey Tongue, NOAA/National Weather Service New York, NY, A Paradigm Change for Meteorological Data.
- Gary Conte, NOAA/National Weather Service New York, NY, Communicating Risk for Extreme Weather in a Changing Climate.
- Michael Erickson, Weather Prediction Center, New Ways of Displaying Convection Allowing Ensemble Data for WPC Forecasters.
- Dr. Joseph D' Aleo, Weatherbell, We have seen Some Wild Winters in Recent Years, Will this be another to remember?
- Eleanor Vallier-Talbot, NOAA/National Weather Service Taunton,MA, The 25th Anniversary of Hurricane Bob.
- Carlie Buccola, NOAA/National Weather Service New York, NY, Social Media and High Impact Weather Events: The Good, Bad, and The Ugly
- Melissa Fleming, The Weather Gamut and Studio MF. Art Can Help Broaden the Public Conversation on Climate Change.
- Anthony Praino, IBM. AN INTEGRATED MODELING AND OBSERVING SYSTEM FOR THE STUDY OF ECOLOGY OF LAKE GEORGE IN THE JEFFERSON PROJECT.
- Eleanor Vallier-Talbot NWS Taunton, The 25th Anniversary of Hurricane Bob, a look back in time.
- Steven Barabas, Storm Chaser, Storm chasing vehicle.
Louis Uccellini will be signing copies of his book, Northeast Snowstorms, during the morning break. This is the "bible" of storm books, comprised of two volumes and a DVD of reanalysis data for dozens of storms. Regular price is $100 but for AMS members it is $80 and for AMS student members it is $60! Cash and checks are accepted.