**ALL services are FREE & CONFIDENTIAL**
The Women’s Center staff are a private resource on and off campus and are not mandated to report
disclosures to any other office on campus, including the Title IX office.
- Confidential Individual Counseling
– Our counselors are certified in the state of Connecticut to work with domestic/dating violence and sexual assault survivors; both primary and secondary.
- Special Topic Group Counseling
– Girl Talk is a 6-8 week group offered each semester for female identifying college students. Topics cater to the needs of the group members.
- Information and Referrals
– Both on campus and community referrals are made.
- Education and Training on topics surrounding IPV
– Women’s Center Community Educators are available to come into classes, clubs, athletics and Greek Life meetings to train students on a variety of topics.
- 24-Hour Hotlines:
- Sexual Assault – (203) 731-5204
- Domestic Violence – (203) 731-5206
- Crisis Intervention and Advocacy
~ Women’s Center Advocates work to support survivors through a variety of situations in all different environments such as the hospital, police stations, school, and in court and campus judicial systems.
~ Advocates will meet survivors at the hospital to support them through the steps of an evidence collection kit.
~ Advocates will help survivors as they go through the court systems and the judicial affairs process on campus.
~ Survivors can be met by an advocate at a police station for support while making a report.
See our campus brochure below:
WCSU Campus Brochure