The Alumni & Friends Circle
The Alumni & Friends Circle is a designated area on the Midtown campus, near Old Main and the majestic old oak tree, that houses an ensemble of engraved bricks, inscribed benches, trees and light posts.
In 1999 two WCSU Alumnae created the Alumni & Friends Circle as a fundraising and beautification program for all to share. Several brick paths now lead into the circle making it highly visible to students, faculty, staff and visitors on a regular basis.
The Alumni & Friends Circle Rededication ceremony takes place each year celebrating the growth of the Circle and the breadth of the University.
Once you have walked these grounds, you are involved in a process that shapes the future. Celebrate that journey. Be part of WestConn’s legacy for tomorrow.
- You may purchase individual 4”x 8” bricks for $100 with engraving up to 3 lines and up to 16 characters per line (spaces and punctuation count as characters).
- You can have two or more bricks installed as a grouping. Please order both at the same time.
- All engraving is 1/8” deep into the brick with permanent black ink, sealed, and not effected by sun, weather or traffic.
- All individual bricks or groupings will be placed randomly throughout the circle.
- Trees surrounding the circle or anywhere throughout both campus can be named for $500, with a name plate at the base of the tree personalized with your message.
- Park benches throughout both campuses can be named for $1,000 each. A nameplate is attached to the seat back personalized with your message.
- Antique-style light posts surround the circle. They can be named for $2,500 each, with a nameplate at the base of the post personalized with your message.
Since the original Alumni & Friends Circle was established, other areas on campus have been designated with their own brick campaigns:
Alumni & Friends Global Studies Area
located on the circle in front of Berkshire Hall
located by the flagpole in the front of Old Main
WestConn Sweethearts Area
located behind Fairfield Hall
More than 80% of your gift is tax deductible, varying slightly for bricks, trees, benches, and light posts. A verification letter will be mailed to you for tax purposes.
Western Connecticut State University reserves the right to review text of engravings.
Thank you for your order and for supporting
Western’s legacy for tomorrow!
|Items marked as "pdf" are presented in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download and install it from Adobe's web site.|