Student Resource Links
WCSU subscribes to 24 hour a day e-tutoring. Late night questions? Don't have time to get to the Learning Commons? Click HERE.
Libguides are created by our WCSU Librarians to make your life easier. They bring the resources and information you need to your fingertips. They are organized by field of study. Need more help? Ask a librarian.
- Additional Resources (database and citation information)
- Blackboard Learn - Youtube video from ConnSCU
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 (For Service Packs 10 and 11) from ConnSCU
- Tips for Students
- Note-taking (Academic Skills Center, Dartmouth, 2001)
- Note-taking with the Cornell Method (Alexandria Technical and Community College)
- Stop Procrastinating!
Create a study Group
- Build a great study group (Duke University)
- How to work on group projects (About.com)
- Group Skills (Waterloo Student Success Office)
- Downloadable group project organizer (About.com)
- Assessing team input (University of Wisconsin, Stout)
- Time Management for College Students
- More Time Management Skills (Study Skills and Guides)
- Effective Time Management Principles (12 Most)
- Downloadable planner template 1 (Free printable from Vertex42)
- Downloadable planner template 2 (Free printable from Vertex42)
- Study Skills
- Studying for College (Studying for College)
- How to Study (Howtostudy.org)
- Tips on studying and taking exams (Video)
- The Study Skills Self Help Page (Virginia Tech)
- Three Better than Cramming Study Tips (The Learnwell Projects)
- Overcome test taking anxiety (StressLess Living)
- Ten tips for end of term survival (Hub Pages)
- Test Taking Tips (Testtakingtips.com)
Have you ever wondered how you learn best? None of us have only one way of learning but we do seem to have learning style preferences. Here are two free tests you can take to find out how best to study and learn.
- Vark Guide to Learning Styles Questionnaire
- Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire: University of North Carolina
Use your phone or tablet to make you a better student. There are many great apps to help but we bring you our favorites here.
- EverNote - Great note-taking app
- Inspiration Maps Demo - How to map your project ideas
- StudyBlue - Use your phone or computer to create flashcards and then quiz yourself
- GFC Learn Free - for Microsoft and technology tutorials
For more on useful apps, visit the University of Pennsylvania Weingarten Learning Resources Center site HERE for terrific app info and other resources.