Peer Educators Program at WCSU
What is a Peer Educator?
As a Peer Educator, students:
- Encourage their peers to develop responsible habits and attitudes towards the use or non-use of alcohol and other student health and safety issues
- Facilitate educational and fun programs for other groups of students
Promote awareness and responsible behavior on a variety of health/wellness and social issues affecting the WCSU community.
Opportunities the Peer Education Program offers
- Increase your level of confidence
- Develop awareness and personal wellness about a variety of health related & current issues
- Participate in team building programs
- Contribute positively to Western social life
- Work with others
- Expand your personal & academic growth
- Build credentials into your resume
- Experience as a group facilitator and educator
- Leadership opportunities
- Provide a needed service while having fun
Join us! submit your request to become a Peer Educator!
Substance Abuse Prevention Services
Western CT State University
Midtown Student Center, Room 211
181 White Street
Danbury, CT 06810