Information Technology Committee (ITC) Minutes
May 10, 2012, 12pm-1pm, OM304
Present: Lorraine Capobianco (Chair), Mitch Wagener, Todd McInerney, Rich Montague, Rona Gurkewitz, Terry Wells, Veronica Kenausis, Kit Hinga, Rebecca Woodward
- Budgets – The university has equipment money but has limited OE funds. The approval process for CSUS2020 funded purchases can take up to 45 days partially due to staffing changes in ConnSCU and the Department of Construction Services (formerly Department of Public Works).
- University Computing is on target with Windows 7 upgrades. There are approximately 525-550 machines left to do. Faculty machines that need to be upgraded and who are not available over the summer, will be done in the fall.
- Lorraine asked the ITC school technology chairs if they would assist UC by finding out if their new faculty for Fall 2012 want a pc or Mac and desktop or laptop. A new faculty member that is hired for Fall 2012 requests a pc laptop or desktop they will receive a new computer. WCSU does not routinely have an inventory of Macs because they are expensive. The biggest challenge in providing computers to new faculty is that we do not know what new faculty want until a week or so before the semester begins. If a Mac is requested and we don’t have one, the faculty may have to get a temporary machine until one is ordered. Regardless, we need new faculty to be functional by the start of the semester. Veronica Kenausis asked if a MacBook Pro had been ordered for Russ Gladstone. Lorraine said yes.
- Lorraine reviewed the attached list of UC summer projects list with the ITC. Lorraine highlighted each category with the ITC.
- UC will start the process of replacing the oldest projectors in technology classrooms, most of which are in the Science Building (2004) .
ConnectPrint – Update
- From March 15, 2012 at 12:00am through May 9, 2012 (entire system was live), the total number of pages sent to ConnectPrint was 421,015 and 96,500 pages were not printed. Of the 96,500, 63,191 were black/white and 33,309 were color.
SMART Board Installations
- SMART boards are tentatively scheduled to be installed on May 22, 2012, one in WH 122 and 2 in WS 247. More SMART boards will be installed over the summer in as many different departments as possible.
Fall 2012 ITC Meeting Schedule:
- Proposed Schedule: 2nd Thursday of each month September 13, 2012, October 9, 2012, November 8, 2012, December 13, 2012. Time to be determined.