Certificate for Intermediate Administration and Supervision (092)
How to Apply
The following three requirements were set forth by the CSDE for admission to a program for a
Certificate for Intermediate Administration and Supervision. These criteria must be met by all
- Hold a Master’s degree in education or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of five years of full-time educational experience in a PK-12 setting.
- Completion of at least 36 semester hours of a special education course.
For WestConn’s program, the entrance materials will include three additional types of information:
- Two recommendations, using a form with specific criteria and questions developed in
conjunction with faculty at WCSU, CCSU and local administrators. One recommendation must be completed by the candidate’s district superintendent or someone at the executive level of the school district (Central Office), and the second should be submitted by a supervisor of the applicant.
- An Application and Leadership Mini-Portfolio must be completed by each applicant and assessed using a scoring rubric. This rubric incorporates knowledge, skills, and dispositions targeted throughout the program and on the Employer Survey.
- An interview including an accompanying 4-point rating of target criteria will be completed by