2013 Leadership Shadowing Experience Placements (CED 297)
Ms. Jessica Coraizaca
- Shadowing: Dr. Bill Glass, Deputy Superintendent and executive staff including Elementary, Middle School and High School Principals, Department Heads, and Curriculum Administrators
- Title: Intern
- Project: Observing Board of Education and Cabinet meetings.
Ms. Katelyn Gavagan
- Shadowing: Ms. Margaret Capen, Music Therapist Board Certified, Southbury Training School
- Title: Shadowing Intern
- Project: Observing select music therapy sessions; assisting in weekly jam sessions by singing and helping clients play instruments; assisting in other campus-wide music events; taking a lead position to in-service and implementing a music leisure program in a residential facility;
participating in personality inventory exercises and evaluating scenario-based exercises; and presenting a one-hour in-service on leadership to music therapy department interns.
Mr. Everett Redente
- Shadowing: Mr. M. Dru Levasseur & Micah Wood, Transgender Rights Project
- Title: Legal Assistant
- Project: Working on a long-term project dealing with transgender education curicula building, observing and participating in policy and work strategy meetings, and attending and/or participating in educational presentations.
Ms. Dena Virzera
- Shadowing: Ms. Sharmese Hodge, Assistant State’s Attorney
- Title: Undergraduate Intern
- Project: Shadowing prosecutors in court; observing pre-trial conferences and plea negotiations; and assisting prosecutors with discovery requests, legal research, writing memos and administrative duties.