Citrix (XenApp) Receiver
To fully utilize the new features of Citrix (XenApp) we recommend that you install the Citrix Receiver to get the best possible experience. You may visit our website to determine if you need to install the Receiver as you may already have a compatible client installed. Please note that you MUST be an administrator on the computer to perform this install, (most home users have this privilege). If this is a University owned machine, please contact the help desk.
Installing Citrix Receiver
- Go to https://citrix.wcsu.edu
- Accept the WCSU’s Usage Policy.
- If you are presented with a logon screen you may enter your credentials and no further installation is needed.
If you are presented with the following alert, you will need to install the Citrix Receiver.
- Click the INSTALL button
- Select Client Center and click DOWNLOAD
- Select the appropriate operating system from the list.
- Then click the download button
- In the Download manager window click Download Now. You may receive a security warning and will need to accept the download.
- Select the location to save the file and click Save.
- Locate the Citrix Receiver file and click to install the software. You will receive a message that the installation was successful.
Note: If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, you may have slightly different screens when downloading and installing the file.
- Close all browser windows and Exit the browser.
- Launch the browser and go to https://citrix.wcsu.edu. If the installion was successful you will be presented with the logon screen. Logon with your WestConn (windows) username and password and select application of choice.
Special Security Notices For Windows Vista/7 Users-
You may receive warnings about security and access to your filesystem, this is normal behavior if you want access to your computer’s files on Citrix.
For Internet Explorer 8/9 – You WILL need to accept the alert bar on the top of the screen when prompted to use the Citrix Receiver, if you do not do this it will not work.
Example Alert Bar – You WILL receive a box that looks similar to this that you need to select for “This website” in the options menu.