All new students are encouraged to attend the two-day Orientation Session. The cost for the overnight stay is $35. Students will be able to check in at 6pm for an eventful evening of fun activities and games.
Before you stay overnight:
- It is extremely important that you have taken all of your placement exams if you need them (if you are not sure, contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-837-9000).
- Send in a check for $35 made out to WCSU to 181 White Street, Danbury, CT 06810, Attn: Student Affairs (make sure the student's name is on the check).
The evening program (for all students):
- Arrive at Newbury Hall on the Midtown campus at 6 p.m.
- Get to know other students from within your school - students with whom you will likely be taking classes - during activities and group gatherings and meet Student Government Association representatives and other student leaders
- Get an inside scoop about "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of a degree" at Western from your upper-class Orientation leaders
- Enjoy pizza and refreshments around 8:30 p.m.
- Comedian John Cassidy will perform his "Balloon Freak Show" at 9:30 p.m. in the Student Center Theater
- Have fun and win prizes playing Bingo at 10:30 p.m. in the Student Center Cafeteria
Items to bring for the overnight stay:
- A pillow and pillow case
- A sleeping bag, or sheets/blanket (linens are not provided)
- A towel
- Casual, comfortable clothes
- A jacket and/or umbrella (just in case)
We also would advise to put a luggage tag on your bag to avoid mix-ups.
Questions? Call 203-837-9700