Arts and Sciences Planning Committee By-Laws
A. Total membership shall consist of:
- Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Two teaching faculty members from each of the disciplines:
- Mathematics/Computer Science and Natural Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
B. Terms of Commitment:
- Each member shall serve two years with one member elected from each discipline every year.
II. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
A. The primary goal of the committee is to serve as an advisory board to the Dean of Arts and Sciences, with special consideration given to strategic planning.
- Advise the Dean before she/he discusses goals, objectives and future plans with base units in the school.
- Review base unit plans as they are presented, and assist in setting the priority of these for the organization unit.
- Coordinate strategic plans as a school plan to strengthen the likelihood of success.
B. Act as an advisory committee in matters which are deemed necessary by the Dean.
III. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS
- The first meeting of each academic year shall be convened by the previous year’s committee chairperson.
- A quorum shall consist of all members present with a minimum of four members.
- The chairperson shall be elected by a majority vote at the first meeting of the academic year.
- The position of secretary shall be filled by each member in turn on an alphabetical rotation basis, unless otherwise agreed to by the committee.
- The secretary shall report minutes to the Dean, who will review and distribute to all members of the committee, department chairs and the University Senate Archivist.
These By‑Laws may be amended at any regularly scheduled meeting at which there is a quorum.