Western men's tennis sweeps Rutgers-Newark, 9-0
DANBURY, CT (Apr. 18) —
The Western Connecticut State University men's tennis team swept University of Rutgers-Newark, 9-0, in a non-league match at Westside Courts on Wednesday afternoon.
Senior Troy Pandolfi (Danbury, CT) extended his single's win streak, at the number one position, to six matches after defeating William Cheung (Kearny, NJ), 6-0, 6-0. He and Austin Werner (Fairfield, CT) are now 4-1 at top doubles after winning, 8-0, over Derence Tejero (Bergenfield, NJ) and Rajan Mandania (Passaic, NJ).
The Colonials are now 4-3 overall and play host to UMass Boston on Saturday, April 21. The three doubles matches begin at 1 pm.
The Scarlet Raiders fall to 2-10 on the season.
Tennis Match Results
Rutgers-Newark vs Western Connecticut Men
Apr 18, 2012 at Danbury, Conn.
Western Connecticut Men 9, Rutgers-Newark 0
1. Troy Pandolfi (WCSU) def. William Cheung (RNU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Austin Werner (WCSU) def. Rajan Mandania (RNU) 6-0, 6-2
3. Brian Bucknam (WCSU) def. Derence Tejero (RNU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Ryan Klem (WCSU) def. Austin Gilker (RNU) 6-2, 6-0
5. Sean Tansley (WCSU) def. Rolando Cruz (RNU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Sam Brodax (WCSU) def. Lee Vaz (RNU) 6-2, 6-0
1. Troy Pandolfi/Austin Werner (WCSU) def. Derence Tejero/Rajan Mandania (RNU) 8-0
2. Brian Bucknam/Ryan Klem (WCSU) def. William Cheung/Austin Gilker (RNU) 8-0
3. Enea Dervishi/Kyle Wilson (WCSU) def. Lee Vaz/Rolando Cruz (RNU) 8-0
Western Connecticut Men 4-3