American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
We are an official testing site for Language Testing International (LTI) and we proctor the following ACTFL Speaking and Writing Proficiency Tests:
ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
The Oral Proficiency Interview is a carefully structured, 20-30 minute telephone interview between an ACTFL Certified Tester and a candidate.
ACTFL Writing Proficiency Test (WPT)
The ACTFL WPT is a timed 80-minute test delivered via paper or internet based. This is a proctored, standardized test for global assessment of functional writing ability, measuring how well a person writes in a language.
$25 ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI)
$25 ACTFL Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) On-Line
$30 ACTFL Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) Booklet
Scheduling an Exam(s)
To schedule a test date, all arrangements must be made at least two weeks prior of exam deadline. Proctoring services are scheduled by appointment only. Generally exams are scheduled Monday through Friday, with testing session starting at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm depending on proctor’s availability. Prior to registering through Language Testing International, please submit Appointment Request and the Testing Center will respond to your request within 72 business hours. Once you receive confirmation from the WCSU Testing Center, you may register with Language Testing International.
Here’s the steps to register for both OPI and WPI exams:
- Select Dates.
- OPI Exam – Select two dates to take the exam. You’ll need to choose two dates as LTI require flexibility for the OPI.
- WPT Exam – Select a date to take the exam
- Taking both OPI and WPT Exam? Follow step A. Once the date and time for your OPI is received by the Center from LTI, the Center will schedule the WPT right after or before the OPI on the same date
- Request an appointment with the dates selected to WCSU Testing Center via Appointment Request
- Once WCSU Testing Center confirms selected dates, visit Language Testing International (LTI) to register for the LTI exams
- LTI will send confirmation of the date for the OPI exam to WCSU Testing Center and the candidate
- WCSU Testing Center will send you a detailed exam confirmation letter via email
Click link above for important information