- This event has passed.
October 25 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
DIGITAL & INTERACTIVE MEDIA ARTS: STUDENT LIGHTNING TALK PRESENTATIONS: Students in the DIMA 300 course: Digital and Interactive Technologies will be giving 3-minute presentations on their final senior thesis topics, which run the gamot from virtual reality, short films, and websites, among other computer science, art and media production projects. From 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the Roth Haas Library. Some topics include:
• “Queers for Fears” a podcast on the history and relationship between horror films and the LGBT community/culture.
• An interactive experimental video on the impact of user-generated content (UGC) in video games.
• A non-linear, 2d visual novel in which you (the player), are a small-time paranormal journalist looking to make their big break.
• VR experience which attempts to convey depersonalization/derealization disorder from the point of view of its author.
• A VR concert and paper examining the effect TikTok has had on the music industry.
• A “pseudo-crypto-zoological” (my words) survey of 20th and 21st century design trends told from the point of view of a fictional shoe company “Sole”.
Other projects include animation, short films and a secret project to be revealed in May of 2022.