What We Do
Writers and tutors consult in 45-minutes sessions. These interactive discussions are designed to help writers make informed decisions about their writing. Although we focus on one project (or portion of a project) in each session, our overall goal is for writers learn strategies that can transfer to all of their work.
- We can help at any stage of the writing process:
- Analyzing assignments
- Brainstorming and developing ideas
- Outlining and organizing drafts
- Citing and documenting sources
- Planning out longer projects
- Identifying and correcting problems with grammar and mechanics
Please read our General Policies
We have a variety of resources available for use in the Center, including grammar handbooks and style manuals for the Modern Language Association (MLA), the American Psychological Association (APA), the Associated Press (AP), the Council of Science Editors (CSE), and Chicago.
What to bring with you
- The instructor’s writing assignment or writing prompt
- Any writing in progress (printed, flash drive, or laptop)
- Questions and ideas
- It is also helpful to bring a syllabus, notes, previous drafts, and research.
Click here to schedule an appointment