**INTERSESSION HOURS 2017-18**
- All Recreation Fitness Facilities will be CLOSED December 15, 2017 through January 1, 2018
- The Midtown Fitness Zone only will then be OPEN from 11:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. the weeks of January 2, 2018 through January 5, 2018 and January 8, 2018 – January 12, 2018
- Both the Midtown Fitness Zone and the Westside Fitness Zone will be open on Tuesday, January 16th from 6 – 10 p.m.
- We will open regular operating hours on Wednesday, January 17, 2017
- The Westside Colonial Fitness Zone is NOW OPEN! Located in Pinney Hall, this new fitness space has strength equipment, cardio machines, free weights and plate-loaded machines. And NO, you don’t have to be a Pinney resident to use it! It is open to all current WestConn students, faculty and staff-just remember to bring your WestConn ID. To enter the facility, follow the sidewalk located at the bottom of the stairs (before you would go in the main entrance of Pinney Hall).
- The batting cages will be open and available for WestConn student, faculty and staff use on Monday, September 11th. Check-in will be at the Midtown Rec Desk-must have your WestConn ID.
- The WCSU Recreation Department will host a 3mi Fun Run on the Westside campus.
Run or Dye: Get fit or dye trying is a 3MI that fires off in a blaze of color bombs; color cannons, color mortars, (all made of colored corn starch dust) and multi-toned courses that guarantee your outlook will be brighter.
Please bring a change of clothes, showers will be available after the race.
Life’s about balance-get out and get active!
The Recreation Department here at Western is dedicated to providing the campus community with a multitude of various recreational activities to encourage physical fitness and promote a positive well-being.
Our university is unique in that the Western community can utilize athletic facilities on two different campuses. At Midtown you will find the NEW Colonial Fitness Zone for cardio workouts and strength training. Studios A & B are now open for aerobics and fitness classes, and the Bill Williams Gymnasium plays host to Intramural Leagues and Open Recreation. Our Westside campus is home to the William A. O’Neill Athletic and Convocation Center, which houses a six-lane natatorium, four full courts for basketball and volleyball, and a fitness center for cardio and strength training. Also located here is the Westside Athletic Complex, three spacious practice fields and six lighted tennis courts. And inside the Westside Campus Center is a fitness room mainly focused on cardio fitness and core strength training.