Our mission is to develop professionals with the knowledge and values to be career-long learners, and effective and ethical providers in the treatment of addiction. We serve the state of Connecticut by providing the highest quality training in best practices for treating and preventing substance use disorders through integrated behavioral health services with a focus on treatment and recovery in high need and high demand areas.
Our core objectives are to:
- Provide the highest quality training in evidence-based interventions.
- Increase the number and diversity of professionals in the addiction prevention and therapy field.
- Provide community-based outreach education in prevention and treatment of problems associated with alcohol, opioids, cannabis, tobacco, and other drugs.
- Prepare our graduates to obtain Connecticut licensure as alcohol and drug counselors (LADC).
Our special strengths are:
- Preparing graduates to effectively work with underserved populations
- Providing training in diverse settings, with diverse populations
- A focus on integrated behavioral health services
- Training leaders who can become effective advocates in their local and state community for the cost-effective treatment and prevention of substance use disorders such as alcohol and opioid use disorder
- A non-stigmatizing, harm reduction, biopsychosocial approach to treatment of SUDs in the context of overall health and well-being