Elementary Education Program Learning Objectives
Graduates of the B.S. degree program in the elementary education will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate essential knowledge of the elementary school curriculum as it relates to the American Council of Elementary Instruction (ACEI) and Connecticut State Department of Education's Elementary School Curriculum's Student Learning Standards, with specifics related to reading, writing, science, mathematics, and social studies.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to successfully plan, implement, and evaluate classroom differentiated instruction to effectively maximize students' learning potentials, including the use of instructional technology and literacy.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and skills for effectively assessing all school children's learning in the classroom.
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and ethical manner both as classroom teachers and as school leaders, and will embrace the professional values and commitments according to the Connecticut Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Possess classroom management skills that will assist students to take responsibility for their own behavior while maintaining a classroom that is conducive to learning.
- Continually improve their professional growth through the practice of inquiry and reflection as a classroom teacher and leader.