Health Service

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to be seen at Health Service?

  • All full time students are eligible for treatment at the Health Service Office.

What type of services will I be charged for?

  • A nominal fee will be charged for some services provided by Health Service. These charges will be added to your tuition bill as a General Health Service fee. Fees for services outside of the Health Service such as those for prescription medications, x-rays, referrals to specialists, emergency room care, hospitalization, are the responsibility of the student.

Do I need an appointment to see the nurse practitioner or nurse?

  • No, although you may schedule an appointment if this is more convenient for you. We will do our best to see scheduled appointments on time, but emergencies and urgent conditions will receive priority.

If I am ill when Health Service is closed, where should I go?

If I get injured, am I covered under the Student Accident Plan?

  • Yes. All full-time students are covered by the Aetna Student Health accident plan in the event of injury. The accident plan is an excess plan so any claims relative to an accident should first be submitted to the students’ primary insurance. Additional details and claim forms can be found at the Cashier’s Office web page.