Who is eligible to be seen at Health Service?
- All full time students are eligible for treatment at the Health Service Office when classes are in session.
What type of services will I be charged for?
- A fee will be charged for some services or supplies provided by Health Service. These charges will be added to your tuition bill as a Health Service fee. Charges for services received outside of Health Service, such labs, x-rays, specialty care, or emergency room/urgent care visits will be billed to the insurance provided by the student.
Do I need an appointment to see the nurse practitioner or nurse?
- Yes. Please call 203.837.8594 to speak to a staff member. A virtual (telehealth) or office appointment will be scheduled for you after you have spoken with our healthcare staff. Anyone experiencing a medical emergency should call 911!
If I am ill when Health Service is closed, where should I go?
What if I am diagnosed with COVID-19 or I have been exposed to someone with the virus?
- Please submit the COVID-19 reporting form that can be found on the WCSU main page or call Health Services. (203.837.8594). Do not come to campus until instructed you are clear to return. This is a public health measure recommended by the CDC. If you are sick please stay home.
What if I think I may have COVID-19?
- Please stay in your room (or at home) and submit the symptom tracker that is found at: wcsu.medicatconnect.com. You will be contacted by Health Services to determine if you should be tested.
What can I do if I’m having trouble finding my immunization records?
Where can I go if I need an immunization?
- City of Danbury Health & Human Services, 155 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, CT (203) 797-4625
If I get injured, am I covered under the Student Accident Plan?
- Yes. All full-time students are covered by the Aetna Student Health accident plan in the event of injury. The accident plan is an excess plan so any claims relative to an accident should first be submitted to the students’ primary insurance. Additional details and claim forms can be found at the Cashier’s Office web page.