WCSU’s Career Success Center welcomes all opportunity to partner with employers in connecting students and alumni with career-related prospects. The WCSU Career Success Center adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) developed and adopted "Principles for Professional Practice Guidelines." For more detail about WCSU’s campuses, schools and enrollment profiles, please visit Western Facts & Figures Undergraduate programs Graduate programs
Employers seeking candidates for full-time, professional, entry-level positions are invited to participate in the Senior Recruitment Program where we facilitate the collection of resumes and scheduling of on-campus interview dates (if applicable). Employers seeking WCSU students for co-ops and internships, please check here. We welcome employers to conduct interviews and present information sessions on the WCSU campus to heighten their visibility within our university community and meet students first-hand.
Career Fairs and Expos are a great way to interact with our students. Students of all years are encouraged to attend for recruitment and/or learn about the opportunities available to them, make connections and expand their network.
Bi-Annual Career Fairs: Each academic year, we host two full career fairs: one in the fall and one in the spring. Each career fair is open to all majors, and all students and features 80+ employers looking to fill internship opportunities, full-time, part-time, positions, as well as seasonal jobs. Our next Career Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, March 25th, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the O’Neill Center, Westside Campus. Many industries are represented to ensure a wide range of job and internship possibilities for all students.
If you are interested in being a part of any of these events and are not currently in our job board database, HANDSHAKE, please fill out the Career Fair Employer Interest Form and we will review the information for consideration, and email you directions. Invitations to employers are by invite only and all correspondence will be sent via the HANDSHAKE database.
There are opportunities to connect with students in various ways:
- Student Club/Organization & EVENTS – WCSU currently has 80+ recognized clubs and organizations on campus with many incorporating educational and career planning and exploration into their schedule of events throughout the year.
- Academic Classes – Some faculty members will welcome employers in to their classes to speak on topics related to curriculum. Faculty contact information is posted here: https://www.wcsu.edu/directory/.
- Student and Campus Center Tabling – To arrange for an informational table in our Midtown Student Center or Westside Campus Center, please contact Marc Gegeny at email@example.com or 203-837-8211
We value the support of employers throughout the university.
- Offer your career-related, industry-specific expertise and advice by volunteering for events such as Career Panels, Speed Networking, Mock Interviews, Employer In Residence and Job Shadowing organized by The Career Success Center. Contact the office at (203) 837-8263 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Encourage students to visit The Career Success Center early on in their WCSU career to take advantage of the available resources.