This year’s event will be held in-person from May 4 & 5,
The deadline for poster submissions is: Friday, April 1st by 5:00pm
Western students (undergraduate and graduate) who are doing or have recently done research or other creative work in any WCSU program are invited to present their work at WRD.
- Abstract submissions must be received by April 1st, 5:00pm. The Online form will be available beginning March 1st. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Each student is allowed to submit only one abstract as the presenting author (ie. a student cannot be the primary presenter for more than one poster)
- All submissions must be approved by the faculty member with whom the student worked in the creation of the submitted work. (Your submission must include the email of the faculty member with whom you worked and that faculty member will receive notification upon your submission.)
- All submissions must be submitted online to the
WRD website/submission form that will be available March 1.
- All submissions must be from current WCSU students.
- Your abstract must not exceed 150 words.
Specify the name and current email address of the student presenter(s) and the faculty mentor.
- Clearly state the central research question and/or purpose of the project
- Provide a brief, relevant scholarly or research context (no actual citations required) that demonstrate its attempt to make a unique contribution to the area of inquiry
- Provide a brief description of research or project methodology
- State conclusions or expected results and the context in which they will be discussed
- Include text-only (no images or graphics)
- Be well-written and well-organized
These criteria are based on those for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research guidelines.
- Poster (details about poster design will be emailed, upon abstract acceptance)
- Other (please specify the requested format, space, and materials required). April 1st at 5:00pm is a firm deadline!
View sample abstracts that have been accepted in prior WRD conferences
April 1st @ 5 PM is a firm deadline… and firm means: No late entries will be accepted.
Watch 2021’s awards ceremony