2020-2021 FAFSA IS AVAILABLE!
The 2020-2021 FAFSA became available October 1, 2019.
Use 2018 income information – no need to wait.
Recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA.
Federal School Code: 001380
FINANCIAL AID DEADLINE: MARCH 1
We understand that lives are currently being impacted in unprecedented ways.
We aspire to be as helpful and accommodating as possible during this time.
2020-2021 New Student Deposit Deferral Request
- If you are experiencing financial hardship in paying your admission and/or housing deposits (deferral, not a waiver).
- The deposit deadline for incoming freshmen has been extended to June 1, 2020.
2020-2021 Change of Income Review
- Please note that the Change of Income form is not intended to be used as a request for additional funding. The purpose is to re-determine financial aid eligibility based upon special circumstances that have affected a family’s income. For help determining whether you might qualify for a Change of Income revision, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor.
- See instructions to submit personal identifying information for processing.
- Submit documents using DropSecure.
Western Connecticut State University offers financial aid to help qualified students meet their educational expenses. Our staff is available to assist students in determining their eligibility for the various sources of aid available. While not everyone may qualify for certain awards, a student should never assume he/she is ineligible without first applying. A wide spectrum of variables affect the application process, therefore many possible options exist that may pertain to a students particular circumstances.
The evaluation of one’s financial need is based on an analysis of several factors; e.g., student and/or family income, family size, assets and liabilities, and the number of family members in school. In addition to the above, the school’s total allocation of funds for an academic year is also a factor that determines the amount of aid a student can receive. Therefore, meeting the application deadline, along with assessing the student’s financial need, become important factors in the financial aid process.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR FAMILIES
As a result of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), financial aid administrators and university staff at Western Connecticut State University are prohibited from disclosing personal information relating to student financial and academic records. While we realize that many parents take a leading role in helping their children apply for financial aid, please understand that our financial aid staff are limited in the type of information they can share with you over the phone and in person without the student’s written permission.
Students must complete and submit a Student Consent Form to the Registrar’s Office (Old Main 102) in order to provide parental/guardian or third-party access to information. This form is optional.