Hiring: Writing Consultants
Positions open until filled. Apply today!
Writing Center consultants work with students on all categories of writing assignments from any class. New consultants must enroll in a 2-3 credit course and attend weekly meetings. All sessions take place in the Writing Center in Haas Library 302 (Midtown campus) during specific, scheduled hours.
- Current WCSU student, any major
- Junior or senior standing by Fall 2019 (60 credits or more)
- Overall (cumulative) grade point average of 3.2 or higher
- Completion of WRT 101 (or equivalent) and a grade of B+ or higher in at least two Writing Intensive/W2/heavy writing courses (from any department)
- Excellent writing skills, including a strong understanding of the rules of English grammar and mechanics and mastery of at least one research documentation style (MLA, APA, Chicago, Bluebook, CSE, or others)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with peers.
- A positive attitude toward writing and academic work
- Junior standing as of Fall 2019, with at least three semesters remaining
- Previous experience as a tutor or peer mentor
- Previous employment involving customer service
Hours and Salary
Average 6 to 10 hours per week, $12/hour
Submit the following information via email to Dr. Kelli Custer, Coordinator of the Writing Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A recent research-based writing paper/project from any course (with fully documented sources);
- A cover letter addressing reasons for applying, qualifications, and experience with writing;
- A recent résumé with full contact information for a minimum of two WCSU faculty references (no letters, please)
- Note: Applicants are encouraged to visit the Writing Center for assistance with application materials!
POSITIONS OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
Questions? Contact us!
Dr. Kelli Custer, Coordinator of the Writing Center
303 Haas Library, email@example.com, 203.837.3941
Or stop by the Writing Center – 302 Haas Library