Education

Success Story – Marigrace Walker

When I decided to pursue a doctoral degree, I was 55 years old. I looked at numerous Doctor of Education (Ed.D) programs in Connecticut, and WCSU stood out for many reasons. The Ed.D program at WCSU is rigorous and provides me with a rich, quality educational experience.

The classes are designed to support the busy schedule of working educators, which has been a benefit to me. The professors are absolutely amazing, not only for their expertise but for their commitment to student success and their accessibility to meet with students in the evening and even on weekends. The cohort model allows me to develop meaningful relationships with a select peer group. This collaborative group learning experience stretches our collective ability to understand the complexity of educational issues from diverse perspectives.

The program has also challenged my presuppositions about educational problems and reforms. It allows me to further expand my understanding of the workings of our educational system. The Ed.D program at WCSU is helping me develop the critical thinking skills I need to solve problems, have a positive impact with others, and be effective in initiating social change in educational organizations.

It is never too late to go back to school, and if you are considering doing so, WCSU’s Doctor of Education in Instructional Leadership will be a program worth pursuing!