Education

Success Story – Dr. Britany Kuslis

Dissertation: Teacher Perceptions Of Principal Support and Teacher Self-Efficacy

The EdD program had a tremendous impact on me professionally and personally. Through the doctoral program I developed a mentor relationship with my advisor who provided me with direct instruction, and support that was consistent, extensive, and ingrained in the structure of the coursework. From exploring a dissertation topic, to honing and refining a focus, to developing a literature review, my advisor was with me throughout the entire process.

I chose the EdD program at WCSU because I wanted to develop my knowledge of educational theory and data analysis so that I could view educational issues through a scholarly theoretical lens when addressing problems to serve my school community. Not only did this program push me to develop the research skills needed to be a critical contributor to solving educational issues, it also has helped me to take a reflective approach to improving teaching and learning and to grow and be thoughtful regarding modern educational issues.

During my time in the EdD Program I developed the self-efficacy to take on anything. I worked through the birth of a child, raising a family, serving as a Captain in the Army National Guard, my husband’s deployment, working full-time and countless other life events. Throughout the journey, the support from my advisor, the faculty members, and my peers was unwavering. I am beyond grateful for the personalized learning experience provided to me through the Instructional Leadership Program and for the growth and development opportunities I have been able to access as a result of completing the EdD program.