Program Description and Objectives:
This initiative is designed to promote, foster and acknowledge diverse student leadership, and their ability to inspire, motivate and influence others on campus and beyond. The program meets the mission of the University by providing
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Opportunities for experiential, cooperative and field experiences.
- A strong sense of commitment to public service.
The program enhances students’ basic understanding of the skills necessary to be an effective leader. Some of these skills include civility, ethics, communication, compassion, team and community building, creative problem solving, goal setting, conflict management, financial awareness required for the management of budgets, resiliency, adaptability, transparency, and accountability. Our goal is to help develop a core of future leaders.
The Hancock Student Leadership Program provides students with a monetary award and a highly placed leadership shadowing field experience with community leaders.
- WCSU full-time undergraduates with leadership experience
- WCSU full-time undergraduates undergraduates with a 3.2 GPA or better
- WCSU full-time undergraduates with a minimum of 45 or maximum of 90 credits
- WCSU full-time undergraduates who submit application materials by Monday, February 24, 2020 by 5 p.m. to Dr. D.L. Stephenson via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org